When building a motorhome one of the many benefits is you can pick your own colour scheme. And like building a house you can find something that suits your personality, taste for adventure and the colours you'll love to be around!
When you build a motorhome with TrailLite you can pick from the 300+ Specification TrailLite or the Landmark specification. The 300+ is one single interior option while the TrailLite range you pick from up to 4 different choices for upholstery and up to 2 for the kitchen cupboards whereas with a Landmark your options are almost endless. It is still important no matter which option you go that you've considered the interior colours carefully.
Pictured below is a Landmark 766X:
How do I pick my colours is a question I get asked all the time from customers and potential customers who are concerned that getting the Landmark option or having the power of choice could be difficult and confronting. WIth guidance and support from the experts picking unique colours is easy and hassle free especially when you work with someone who so effortlessly puts great combos together!
With a house changing the interior is somewhat easy - you can change the blinds, replace old furniture or pull up the carpets. With a motorhome it isn't that easy that is why we encourage you to really be clear on your interior colour scheme from the start and get it right the first time! . There are options to do motorhome renovations but they are not going to be as readily available as renovating a house. Check out our blog on renovating a motorhome for more ideas.
To help put your mind at ease I sat down with our interior designer Michelle to get some guidance that will help you when it comes time to do a build consult or even just consider colours with any motorhome you are building!
Michelles top tips
- The furniture colour covers the largest area of your new motorhome. It is our starting point. Do you like light, dark plain colours, woodgrain, linea design, texture, warm undertones being yellow / reds or cooler greys. The furniture colour sets the tone / mood / vibe / brief for the rest of the motorhome.
- Perhaps think about exploring colour options (whether it’s the furniture colour, lounge seating, cushions, bedding) that you are not surrounded with in your own home. This puts us in the holiday vibe as soon as we open the door. As these colour tones are often our second favourite colours, we enjoy them while we are away then are quite happy to close the door behind them on our return.
- Go on .. be daring … have a little bit of what you love. Again this probably comes back to colour .. Think about the kitchen overheads lacquer colour … it really isn’t too hard to change out if you tire of it.
- Bring me images/or tell me, what you like and don’t like, perhaps it may have been a vehicle at show, or a friends. I don’t get offended … its your motorhome, and I will work with you to create your dream. Bring me your inspiration – an art piece, a fabric, an image, a colour.
- Don’t get caught up on re sale or designing for someone else in years to come … do for you
Building a motorhome with NZ best motorhome builders, TrailLite is a wise choice. Not only are you getting the best quality, best floorplans and best customer service you also get the benefit of heaps of choice when it comes to the look and feel of your motorhome!